After a week off it will be great to see you Tuesday morning - same time, same place, 9 am to 11 am at RHCPA.
Please let me know if there is something new with you.
If you invite someone please have them email me.
Please remember the donation for Hill House Hospice and please buy your coffee from Byron.
I do hope you enjoy the weekend. Click here for things happening this weekend.
I would like to take this opportunity to make sure you know about the October 22nd event, "The Secret Path: Walking Toward Reconciliation". I am working with some other great people to try to make a difference.
This event will awaken the heart, mind and soul through music, animated illustration, photography and the spoken word.
The Secret Path: Walking Towards Reconciliation is the story of the tragic death of twelve-year-old Chanie Wenjack during his escape from Indian Residential School.
The evening features:
- opening smudge and blessing and honour song with Suzanne and Cedar Smoke
- the film 'The Secret Path' by Gord Downie and Jeff Lemire
- the photographic documentary 'The Weight of Your Heart' by Joel Clements
- a musical performance by Jeremy Hoyle
- keynote address by Professor Emeritus Shirley Williams (Trent University)
- special guests include Mike Downie, Pearl Wenjack Achneepineskum, Daisy Munroe (née Wenjack)
The proceeds of this event go to:
- Biindigen Healing & Arts - providing community support services to people identifying as indigenous and living in York Region
- The Gord Downie & Chanie Wenjack Fund - supporting reconciliation initiatives nation-wide
Tickets: $25. Click here to order on line or call the box office at 905 787-8811
For more information please see the web site www.secretpathrh.com
I do hope you can support this initiative.